‘Tis the season to be jolly, and what better way to spread holiday cheer than through the clinking of glasses and the sipping of sensational cocktails?
Whether you’re hosting a festive gathering or simply looking to elevate your own spirits, this article is your guide to a sleigh-full of holiday cocktail recipes that cater to every palate.
We all need easy holiday cocktail recipes for parties, for hosting people and just for our own nightcaps in front of the fire.
The best holiday cocktails are hard to find as there are so many options with cocktails with eggnog, tea, bourbon, rum, vodka and more. These below are so good we even left out the Mistletoe Mule pictured below.
These recipes are also the best cold weather cocktails to just drink when it is cold outside, even if not just for the holidays. We also have the best holiday cocktail with vodka, which is hard to find!
From the classic warmth of cider to the whimsical sparkle of a candy cane cocktail, we’ve curated a collection that captures the essence of the season in every delightful sip.
Join a journey through a winter wonderland of mixology, where creativity meets tradition, and each recipe is a celebration in a glass. Cheers to merriment, togetherness, and the joy of discovering the perfect holiday libation for every occasion!
So what are the best go to holiday cocktails you always need to have in your repertoire. Below are easy holiday cocktails giving you options for all liquors depending on what you and your guests love!
Whether you want a holiday cocktail with bourbon, rum, tequila, whiskey, fireball or vodka we have you covered. All recipes below are versatile as well so you are able to change your the recipes to your taste as well.
Best Hot Toddy Recipe | With Tea & For Colds
- 1/4 cup hot water or brewed tea lemon tea or black tea is best
- 1-2 oz whiskey/bourbon/rye rum or brandy
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hot apple cider in place of water/tea
- Cinnamon stick
- Sliced apple
- Star Anise
- Lemon wedge
- Put hot water or tea in your mug, add lemon juice, honey and whiskey.
- Garnish with lemon, cinnamon stick and a star anise if you have one.
Best Bourbon Eggnog Holiday Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz bourbon or whiskey or rye
- 1.5 oz amaretto
- Fill eggnog
- Dash nutmeg optional
- Garnish cinnamon, cinnamon sticks & maraschino cherries
- 1. Pretty simple. Mix all ingredients with ice in a shaker. Shake, serve over ice and garnish.
- 2. You can always stir if you don't have a shaker.
Best Easy Spiked Apple Cider Recipe
- 4.5 cups apple cider
- 4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 2 oz preferred liquor Spiced rum, whiskey, bourbon, fireball or dark rum
- 1 apple sliced
- apple slices on rim or inside glass
- Cinnamon stick Can use the ones you used to cook with.
- Pour apple cider into pot and add the spices, then bring to a small boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer for 60 minutes, 30 is fine if needed.
- Pour liquor into your glass and then ladel or pour your cider into your glass.
- Garnish and you're done!
Easy S'mores Campfire Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz vanilla vodka Regular vodka works too
- 2 oz almond Milk or any preferred milk
- 1 oz irish cream liqueur Bailey's or Carolyn's
- 1 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- Garnish crushed graham crackers, chocolate sauce & marshmallows
- 1 oz espresso
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1. Crumble graham crackers on plate, rim glasses with chocolate syrup then dip the glass in the graham crackers.
- 2. Shake all other ingredients in a shaker with ice, pour over ice, garnish and serve!
Easy Holiday Mistletoe Margarita Recipe
- 2 oz tequila Blanco or reposado
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- Salt/Sugar or crushed candy cane rim
- 2-3 Cranberries
- Sprig of rosemary
- Mini candy cane
- 1. Sugar/Salt/crushed candy cane rim. Put salt or sugar or crused candy cane on a plate. For salt/sugar run water over edge of glass then turn the glass edge into the salt/sugar to coat. For candy/cane the cane is sticky itself so don't use water, if the cane isn't sticking very well you can put simple syrup or syrup on a plate, coat the rims of the glass and then dip in the candy cane.
- 2. Get a shaker, add in ice, tequila, triple sec, cranberry juice & lime juice into shaker and shake it up. If you don't have a shaker you can just add to a large cup and stir or use two cups and pour back and forth into each other to mix up.
- 3. Pour over ice and garnish.