We all need easy holiday cocktail recipes for parties, for hosting people and just for our own nightcaps in front of the fire.
The best holiday cocktails are hard to find as there are so many options with cocktails with eggnog, tea, bourbon, rum, vodka and more. These below are so good we even left out the Mistletoe Mule pictured below.
These recipes are also the best cold weather cocktails to just drink when it is cold outside, even if not just for the holidays. We also have the best holiday cocktail with vodka, which is hard to find!
So what are the best go to holiday cocktails you always need to have in your repertoire. Below are easy holiday cocktails giving you options for all liquors depending on what you and your guests love!
Whether you want a holiday cocktail with bourbon, rum, tequila, whiskey, fireball or vodka we have you covered. All recipes below are versatile as well so you are able to change your the recipes to your taste as well.
Best Hot Toddy Recipe | With Tea & For Colds
- 1/4 cup hot water or tea lemon tea or black tea is best
- 1-2 oz whiskey optional spiced rum, brandy, bourbon, fireball, dark rum.
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hot apple cider in place of water/tea
- Put hot water or tea in your mug, add lemon juice, honey and whiskey.
- Garnish with lemon, cinnamon stick and a star anise if you have one.
Best Bourbon Eggnog Holiday Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz bourbon or whiskey or rye
- 1.5 oz amaretto
- Fill eggnog
- Dash nutmeg optional
- Garnish cinnamon, cinnamon sticks & maraschino cherries
- 1. Pretty simple. Mix all ingredients with ice in a shaker. Shake, serve over ice and garnish.
- 2. You can always stir if you don't have a shaker.
Best Easy Spiked Apple Cider Recipe
- 4.5 cups apple cider
- 4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 2 oz preferred liquor Spiced rum, whiskey, bourbon, fireball or dark rum
- 1 apple sliced
- apple slices on rim or inside glass
- Cinnamon stick Can use the ones you used to cook with.
- Pour apple cider into pot and add the spices, then bring to a small boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer for 60 minutes, 30 is fine if needed.
- Pour liquor into your glass and then ladel or pour your cider into your glass.
- Garnish and you're done!
Easy S'mores Campfire Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz vanilla vodka Regular vodka works too
- 2 oz almond Milk or any preferred milk
- 1 oz irish cream liqueur Bailey's or Carolyn's
- 1 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- Garnish crushed graham crackers, chocolate sauce & marshmallows
- 1 oz espresso
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1. Crumble graham crackers on plate, rim glasses with chocolate syrup then dip the glass in the graham crackers.
- 2. Shake all other ingredients in a shaker with ice, pour over ice, garnish and serve!
Easy Holiday Mistletoe Margarita Recipe
- Salt or Sugar rim
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1. Put salt or sugar on a plate. Run water over edge of glass then turn the glass edge into the salt/sugar to coat.
- 2. Put ice, tequila, triple sec, cranberry juice & lime juice into shaker and shake up.
- 3. Pour over ice and garnish.