Compote is a beginner cook’s best friend. It literally takes 7 minutes or less and you go from a boring plate of pancakes or waffles to something that pops off your plate making you look like a pro!
Compote is so versatile you can use it for french toast, crepes, waffles, desserts or just eat with a spoon and your tears with some cookie dough. What’s also great and flexible is that you can make this as healthy, tart or sweet as you want to.
Compote is really just a fancy word for fruit syrup or “better jam” except I like to make mine more fruit than syrup. Making it more fruit not only tastes delicious and is healthier but also pops out off the plate making you look like some sort of wizard chef. With that said… let’s get you this recipe!
Amazing Tasty Berry Compote Recipe In 7 Minutes
- 4 cups fresh mixed berries frozen works but not as ideal). Ideal fruit is 1 cup raspberries, 1 cup blackberries, 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup cut strawberries.
- 2 tbsp cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp brown sugar white can be used or I use syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp syrup in place of sugar
- Put 3/4 of your berries and orange juice into put and bring to a low simmer.
- Once compote simmering add remaining fruit, chia seeds, brown sugar and cinnamon heating for 1 minute just so the new fruit gets warm and then remove from heat.
- Serve knowing you just grew up and took your French Toast, Crepes or pancakes to the next level.