Making broccoli cheddar soup is easy and this recipe tastes like like the Panera Bread broccoli cheddar soup!
Everyone loves Panera Bread’s, Potbelly & Quiznos broccoli cheddar soup and this one tastes just as amazing.
Everyone needs a simple broccoli cheddar soup recipe as it is so tasty and amazing for those cold nights.
This recipe calls to make the soup recipe on the stove but you can easily make this recipe in an instant pot or a crockpot as well just following along similar steps to what you used.
The recipe takes a little longer than most recipes on this site but it is worth the wait and is still very easy to make this broccoli cheddar soup recipe. It really is just cutting up some vegetables and then adding the ingredients to the soup as it cooks.
As with all recipes this broccoli cheddar soup is versatile. You can customize it to your dietary needs whether you wanted to make it vegan, lactose free or keto broccoli cheddar soup.
The ingredients are pretty basic so you can simply adjust the pertinent ingredients to whatever you want to change them to.
You can also spice this recipe up with cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. It also goes amazing if you want to add bacon or rotisserie chicken and make it a chicken broccoli cheddar soup or bacon broccoli soup.
All you need with this recipe is some toasted french bread or a baguette and you will be in heaven! This is my favorite soup on earth and I always order it whenever I am at a place like Potbelly Sandwich Shop, Mccalister’s, Subway, Panera or Quiznos I always make sure I get a side order of this tasty soup.
If you are looking for the best soup recipe to make on a cold day, this is the one you have to make. If you love making homemade soup than you will love our healthy homemade chicken noodle recipe.
Best Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe | Just Like Panera
- 1 tbsp butter sub olive oil to be healthier
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup flower
- 2 cups 2% milk Can use any dairy milk, sub oat milk if really necessary
- 2.5 cups low sodium chicken broth Standard chicken broth is okay too
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots also can be thinly diced lengthwise
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- pepper to taste
- French bread, sourdough or baguette on side.
- Bacon or Rotisserie chicken
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to add spice
- Dice up all vegetables.
- In your saucepan over medium heat, saute diced onion, garlic, celery & carrots in 1 tbsp of melted butter for 5 minutes.
- In same saucepan, add in chicken stock, 1/4 cup of melted butter, flour and mix together, bring to a simmer in 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bring back to a simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in milk and then simmer again for 20 minutes until thickens and broccoli is tender.
- At the end add shredded cheese to the mixture stirring until it melts and soup thickens.Finish off with pepper to taste. Here is where you can also add in your cooked bacon or chicken.