This dill pickle pizza recipe is the best pizza on earth. As someone who loves pickles I was not convinced that a pickle pizza could be good but wow was I wrong.
Dill pickle pizza is truly so good even if you don’t love pickles. I was in shock at just how good this pizza is and you absolutely must make it! If you love pickles and want the best, see our article here with the best pickles to buy in our taste test!
Making homemade pizza and your own dough is a lot easier than you think too! So use this recipe to take any worries out of making your own dough and enjoy some of the best pizza you will have!
The recipe below helps you make your own very easy & tasty homemade pizza dough and aside from that it just gets easier! Truly you just chop up some pickles, make a little sauce and sprinkle over some cheese! If you need a drink with this try our dill pickle martini, the Pickletini!
Do You Use dill pickles or sweet pickles for pickle pizza?
You use dill pickles for pickle pizza and no exceptions. If you want to use sweet pickles I would rather you not use this recipe 😉 jk. Dill pickle pizza is the way to go though! You don’t eat fried sweet pickles, ew.
Should You make your own pizza dough or buy store bought pizza dough?
Not only is making homemade pizza dough easy it also tastes much better than any of the stuff you buy in the store. Most store bought pizza dough has the consistency and taste of cardboard.
How Do You Make Homemade Pizza Dough?
Homemade pizza dough is surprisingly easy. You just need flour, dry active yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil and sugar. You can add a little butter, onion powder & garlic powder as well.
What are the best pickles to use for dill pickle pizza?
You will want to use whole pickles cut into circles and ideally fresher pickles the better. Pickles in the cold section are typically the most fresh and the fresher the better for this recipe. If you want to find out the best pickles to buy see our taste test article here!
Best Pickle Pizza Recipe
Pizza Dough (if not using store bought)
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: 1 tsp of onion powder & 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or 1/2 sour cream 1/2 mayonnaise combo
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh dill or dried
- Optional: add 1 tbsp onion powder & 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2-3 whole pickles sliced
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped to garnish
- 2 tbsp additional sauce drizzled on top
- Preheat oven to 425
- In mixing bowl, combine yeast, water, sugar and olive oil, then let rest for 10 minutes to let yeast activate. You will definitely notice when the yeast activates.
- In separate large mixing bowl, combine flour, butter, salt & seasonings.
- After 10 minutes combine wet ingredients to flour ingredients and begin mixing dough until everything is combined. Can rub a little oil on the outside of dough as well.
- Set dough aside in a ball to rest and rise for 5 minutes while prepping everything else.
- In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix together.
Finishing & Toppings
- Press the dough down into a circle or shape of your choice. Be sure to press it flatter than you think as the yeast will definitely help it rise.
- Just before adding toppings, use a fork to poke the dough all over so that it is ventilated and doesn't puff up during baking.
- Cover the pizza dough in your sauce but save some to drizzle at the end.
- Sprinkle 2/3rds of the cheese over sauce.
- Layer pickles on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- After cooking garnish with fresh dill and serve.