I have found the best ever vegan sandwich and I am nowhere near being vegan! I would never have thought I could enjoy a vegan sandwich and wow… this is incredible. It is a bit of a copycat recipe of Even Stevens sandwiches and their vegan recipe.
This recipe is for vegans of course but it also is something easy for non-vegans who want to try out something new and see how tasty a vegan recipe can be. As someone who loves sandwiches, this is one of my favorite sandwiches on earth and I eat multiple sandwiches each week.
I probably eat the most sandwiches out of anyone I know and what I love about this vegan sandwich is how fresh it is. After eating it you just feel lighter, healthier and still full of energy vs. a lunch that is heavy and full of cheeses and meats.
Aside from like hunters, I am probably the least vegan person out there. However, I had this sandwich at Even Stevens sandwiches and it was absolutely life changing. I never was a huge hummus fan either but all of this stuff mixed into one created this masterpiece of the best vegan anything on earth!
If you are trying to change your diet a little and wanted to dip a toe into veganism then this is the recipe to start with. It is easy, has some carbs and tastes so fresh and incredible.
Cutting out animal products from your diet isn’t easy but if you can start little by little with easy recipes like this, you are on your way! I don’t have many vegan meal recipes on this site but some other great ones are this acai bowl recipe and this spirulina bowl recipe.
How do you make a tomato spread?
The recipe calls for a tomato spread, which you can make yourself with the recipe below or you can buy it in stores. Sometimes a tomato spread is hard to find and bruschetta spread works perfectly as they are essentially the same thing.
Best Easy vegan sandwich recipe
- Bread of choice ciabatta, sub bread or whole wheat bread are great
- 1/2 avocado
- 6 slices cucumber
- handful arugula sub lettuce of choice
- 4 slices tomato
- 3 tbsp red pepper hummus sub hummus of choice
- 3 tbsp roasted tomato spread Bruschetta spread works great too
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar Sub balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing of your own
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
Optional Fixin Additions
- Red onion, pickles, banana peppers, jalapenos
Optional: Make Your Own Tomato Spread
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- italian blend spice to taste Few shakes
- Prep and cut all of your vegetables.
- Spread hummus on one side of bread and tomato spread on the other. Add all vegetables to the tomato side, shake on oil/vinegar and then cover up with hummus side of bread and eat!