This is the greatest smoothie on earth! I was never a big peanut butter, coffee or banana person… I didn’t hate them or anything but they were never flavors of choice. I also never drank coffee until my early-30s… but here we are.
This amazing combination of tastes was brought to me by D-Lite (D-Lish) in Phoenix, AZ where they make healthy food fast. If you have never been it is one of the best restaurants in Phoenix! Essentially this is a copycat recipe of D-Lite’s amazing Breakfast Buzz, which is the best smoothie ever created.
See here for a video on how to make it, with tips!
There also is one secret for making the best version of this smoothie where you get the perfect a creamy texture and really makes it taste more like dessert than breakfast! What is this secret… well you will have to scroll down to see! What makes this recipe even better is that it is best smoothie for a hangover!
What is the Best Smoothie For A Hangover?
If you are looking for the best hangover smoothie this is the perfect one. As you will learn from my Ultimate Guide To Hangovers, your body is hurting for multiple reasons from a hangover. Some of these include low blood sugar, vitamin deficiency and the expanding of blood vessels (vasodilation).
This smoothie is perfect because; bananas are packed with B6 vitamins, which is the main vitamin to help hangovers; the caffeine will constrict your blood vessels to help your headache, as expanding blood vessels is the biggest reason for your headache (vasodilation); and the sugars help raise your blood sugar levels closer to normal. All-in-all this is the smoothie you want to cure your hangover.
Best Espresso, Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana Tip: peel your bananas that are getting old and put them in the freezer
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice. Silk milk with protein is great for macro lovers. Vanilla almond milk works as well.
- 1 6.5oz Starbucks doubleshot espresso can
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1-2 tbsp heaping scoop of peanut butter Can use powdered PB to cut down on calories
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder vanilla, banana or coffee flavor also work.
Starbucks Doubleshot Substitutes
- 2 shots espresso cooled
- 4-6 oz strong coffee cooled (ideally 2-3 scoops if instant coffee)
- 4-6 oz cold brew
- 2-4 tbsp oats if wanting to add complex carbs
- chocolate syrup
- Mix all of your ingredients in the blender... and blend!
- Taste it while still in the blender to see if you want more chocolate or peanut butter flavor.