Who doesn’t love lemonade, white teeth, honey, gas relief and a cure for hangovers? Really this drink might be the most useful drink of your lifetime!
Activated charcoal lemonade is one of the simplest things you will make and it is 1/10th the price to make at home vs. buying it from stores where you need like $17 and credit report before purchasing. I mean you already probably have anxiety via your hangover and paying $12.50 for a drink isn’t helping considering your next paycheck probably went to last night.
Here is a great option I love if you want to order activated charcoal on Amazon. It is cheap and a quality product.
Buy Viva Doria Activated Charcoal here.
But I digress…. anyways, activated charcoal is another one of those incredible “superfoods” and was once considered an antidote for everything… sort of like robitussin… sick? Gassy? Broken leg?
Activated charcoal use actually goes back centuries as it’s truly a natural remedy that you should integrate into your life. Personally I have started using this as well as a apple-cider-vinegar, carrot juice, spirulina lemonade, which tastes great and gives me so much more daily energy without the side effects and withdrawal of coffee.
These days activated charcoal has a vast array of uses like hangover cure, teeth whitener, detoxer, bloat reducer, upset stomach calmer and more per below! How you ask? Essentially it is best at preventing and trapping the absorption of chemicals. It will trap the toxins from alcohol or attract the elements staining your teeth.
Activated charcoal is so effective on detoxing your body it is sometimes used to help treat a drug overdose or a poisoning. This is because when you take activated charcoal, drugs and toxins can bind to it. This helps rid the body of unwanted substances making it a powerful helping agent for the aforementioned hangovers or even detoxes.
If you are interested in more detox drinks then try these 4 tasty detox weight loss drinks or an amazing superfood spirulina bowl recipe.
- I will make multiple batches of it so I don’t have to make it every few days.
- Try not to spill it, this stuff gets everywhere!
- I will dip my tooth brush in a little side container of it and then add my toothpaste for a super-duper toothpaste… people say I have a decent smile, so it’s your choice.
- It will turn your tongue or entire mouth black so rinse well. I actually will re-brush my teeth quickly with water to get rid of it like a second car-wash soak.
- Your poop might also turn black so don’t be alarmed.
Activated Charcoal Benefits (per WebMD)
- Prevent hangover
- Used to treat poisonings
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Calm upset stomach
- Reduce intestinal gas
- Activated charcoal is also used topically in bandages for helping heal wounds and to improve the appearance of skin.
- Reduce phenytoin levels (seizures)
- Prevent diarrhea caused by the cancer drug irinotecan
- Reduce phosphate levels in dialysis
- Treat bile flow problems (cholestasis) during pregnancy.
There are some minor side effects and I recommend you see here if you have any concerns, since I’m not a doctor… webmd.com/activated-charcoal.
Just a heads up, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. However, I love every product I share with you and fully stand by it!
With all of that covered! Let’s get to the recipes!
DIY Charcoal Black Lemonade Recipe Detox & Hangover Cure
- 3 cups water
- 4 lemons juiced or 1/2 cup of lemon juice. I like to over lemon so adjust it to your taste.
- 1 tbsp activated charcoal
- 1 tbsp raw honey Add in more honey if you want it sweeter but don't get carried away.
- In a pitcher or ideally a mason jar, mix together water, lemon juice & honey. Mason jars are great so you can shake it well and mix before each serving.
- Add charcoal. Shake or stir well.