We all love tacos and need healthy taco ideas! There are many ways to make healthy guilt free tacos but this way is the best way for healthy tacos that also taste great!
These lettuce wrap tacos are guilt free tacos with less carbs, less sodium and packed with vegetables and nutrients while not missing out on the taste of regular tacos.
To make these we do our skinny lettuce wrap tacos with ground turkey. I was never a fan of cutting out beef and pork but I promise you with the seasonings and toppings it doesn’t miss a beat!
It is always tough to sacrifice some taste when eating healthy and we all love carbs but these skinny tacos give you the taste you want and help along the waste line!
We do lettuce wrap tacos to make our healthy tacos and if you love asian lettuce wraps than you will love these! Lettuce wrap tacos are so good and help you skip out on the carbs from taco shells and tortillas.
These easy healthy tacos are so simple and quick to make as well. Just some spices, vegetables and cook your ground turkey in the pan!
Our tacos are cheap to make too! If you want an affordable taco recipe than see here as you just buy some vegetables, ground turkey meat and you are all set!
This recipe goes great with our easy authentic guacamole and our Mexican street corn recipe!
How to make healthy tacos?
How do you make healthy tacos? Well it is simple enough. You just use healthy meat, fresh vegetables, reduce sodium and use lettuce vs. taco shells.
While they aren’t those greasy tacos we absolutely love they still do the trick and satisfy that craving!
What Lettuce To Use for Lettuce Wrap Tacos
Romaine lettuce works the best as it is strong and crisp, able to hold all of your toppings for the best lettuce wrap taco.
Easy Healthy Taco Recipe
- 1.5 lb ground turkey
- 1-2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 avocados Or make our easy guacamole recipe
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper or orange
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 oz hot sauce or salsa
- 1 tbsp low fat cheese
Cook Turkey, Peppers & onion
- Pour olive oil into a large pan on the stove and cook ground turkey for 6-7 mins before adding in peppers, onions & corn.
- Dice up peppers & onions then add them and corn in with the turkey while the turkey browns then add in garlic, spices and water. Cook until turkey is fully browned, total of 15 mins.
- While turkey browns you can make our easy authentic guacamole if you wish.
- Dice up tomatoes and avocado if you don't wish to do the guacamole.
- Wash and tear the lettuce into taco type cups.
- Put turkey, vegetables & fixins into the lettuce taco cups and top with a squeeze of lime and hot sauce.