Acai bowls are one of the healthiest, freshest tasting and best meals ever! Making Them is like driving for the first time. It looks awesome and you want to do, however it looks like a lot of effort to learn and it’s intimidating… Yet, it is soooo easy and just takes a few steps!
Here is a quick video guide with tips!
Acai bowls are the perfect meal as they are extremely healthy, tasty, filling, full of antioxidants and you can add super-foods so you can fly probably after eating it. It also extremely versatile as you can make it however you’d like whether you like certain fruits, nuts, granolas, seeds or anything. The beauty of acai bowls is you can craft it to your taste and get as artistic as you want! Or, just throw everything together and chow down with no need to make it look like something out of pinterest.
What’s better is to make an an acai bowl you literally only need to buy a few simple ingredients, throw a couple in a blender and that’s it… it can take 3 minutes at most if you want to breeze through it. So don’t worry, we will get through this and you will now be cranking out acai bowls for anyone who comes over.
Another great bowl to make is the best superfood on earth Spirulina Bowl. If hosting a brunch party then be sure to use some of these recipes for french toast here, berry compote here or bachelor easy crepes here.
Easy Quick Healthy Acai Bowl
- 1 package frozen acai berry puree. Trader Joe’s is a great spot.
- 1/4 cup juice. I used mix of orange and mixed berry. Apple works great too.
- 1/4 cup almond milk. Can sub any milk.
- 1 full sliced banana.
- 1 tbsp honey.
Assorted toppings, my suggestions below.
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh pomegranate seeds.
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries.
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries.
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries.
- 1/3 cup granola.
- 3 tbsp chia seeds.
- 1 tbsp spirulina mixed into acai puree.
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt mixed into acai puree.
- 1 tbsp vegan or vanilla protein powder mixed into acai puree.
- shredded coconut.
- sliced almonds.
- VERY IMPORTANT. Get everything prepped before you blend your acai puree so that it doesn’t start melting as you do everything else.
- Cut banana, wash and prep all topping so they are ready to go before acai step.
- Blend together juice, milk and acai puree. Add in spirulina and greek yogurt as well if you use it. If needed add more juice but better to start with less than more.
- Pour smoothie contents into bowls. Add your toppings as pinteresty as possible.
- Take a picture and make everyone think you’re better than you are.
- Next time dress it up… serve it in a carved out pineapple or melon!