How do you cook bratwurst and how can you cook bratwurst on a stove if you don’t have a grill? Below you will find how to cook bratwurst on the stove and honestly it is the best way to cook bratwurst!
Brat’s are pretty darn simple to cook but it also is easy to dry them out or not cook them long enough. You also think that cooking them on the grill is best but really cooking brats & steak on the stove are hands down way better. You can control the temperature better, add fixins to cook with them and cook them in butter and more flavors to add to the taste.
While cooking brats seems easy turns into you constantly cutting into them to make sure it is cooked but also not well done so that all taste is gone. However, now this recipe will give you everything you need to never under or over cook a brat again as well as make the best tasting brat you might ever have! Full of juice, tenderness and bursting with flavor.
Brats as we know are great as you can add whatever you like on them, sauerkraut, peppers, onions, cheese, bacon bits, pickles and really any other kind of fixins you like!
While maybe not the healthiest thing on earth they are the perfect summer or any time meal and this recipe even works great when out camping! If you’d like you can even pour in some dark beer into you skillet over the last few minutes to sink in some extra beer flavor to your brats.
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet I suggest you get one. They are only $12-14 on Amazon or at the grocery store and will change your life when you cook your next steak. You can cook it in a high-heat pan as well but the skillet always is better when cooking at a higher heat.
Cooking in a skillet vs. the grill honestly is a game changer as it will let you control the heat better than a grill and cook in some great flavors.
Tips For Cooking Brats in The Pan
- Add onions and peppers into the pan and cook at the same time. Sauerkraut I wait until the last 4-5 minutes.
- Sear the brats first on each side at medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side to sear in the juices
- For the last 5-6 minutes of cooking
- Let the brats rest a few minutes after cooking to let the juices redistribute
- Toast your buns if you can, that always makes everything better
If you want the best cooked steak recipe click here. It is cooked in a cast iron skillet as well, bursting with flavor and takes 7 minutes!
How To Easily Pan-Fry Bratwurst Recipe
- 4 bratwursts low end or high end brats work
- 4 hot dog or bratwurst buns Toasted always makes everything better
- 2 tbsp butter
- peppers, white onion, sauerkraut, cheese, bacon, pickles, relish, mustard, ketchup etc.
- Melt butter in pan at med-high heat
- Add brats and sear on each side for 3 minutes. Add peppers and onions when you add in the brats.
- After searing, cook for 5-6 more minutes at a medium heat and cover the pan. I will even put the brats over a layer of the vegetables so the brats don't chance burning and to infuse the flavors more. You can also add beer to the pan for the last 5-6 minutes if you wish, darker maltier beers are better for this.
- Serve with your favorite fixins.