What is an Irish Car bomb shot? Well it is a fusion of 3 things that you might not love when drank separately, however when they are combined they turn into one of the greatest tasting shots ever created.Making a shot with Guinness might sound gross to people out there like myself who don’t love Guinness, but when all is mixed together, wow it turns into an amazing tasting shot. If you like shots then for the 6 best shot recipes see here!
This is a simple shot to make with just three ingredients, all of which are very accessible and you probably have a couple in your liquor cabinet already. The ingredients are Guinness beer, Irish whiskey and Irish cream like Baileys or Carolyn’s.
You don’t have to use Irish whiskey and can just use whatever whiskey you have in your place. However, to make the authentic thing then you would want to use Irish whiskey. You can even play around with how you do the shot if you want to try flavored whiskeys.
What is the best shot for St. Patrick’s Day?
If you are hosting a St. Patrick’s day party be sure to have a DIY Irish Car Bomb setup as it is a necessity! If you would like another great tasting Guinness drink then try Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey dropped into Guinness… wow it is good stuff.
Irish Car Bomb Shot Recipe
- 1/2 glass Guinness beer
- 1/2 oz Irish cream Bailey's or Carolyn's or similar.
- 1/2 oz Irish whiskey sub any whiskey
- Fill half of a tall glass with Guinness
- Fill a shot glass with half Irish cream and half whiskey
- Drop shot glass into Guinness and drink it on back as fast as you can. Cover your teeth with your lips just in case that shot glass comes on down.