Stir fried anything is good but in this case I discovered this option when I was looking for my favorite vegetable dish. It turns out the morning glory vegetable I had in Cambodia isn’t really that easy to find here in the USA…
Thus, I found a great substitute in a very easy and quick green bean recipe that goes perfect with all asian dishes, unique spin for Thanksgiving or Christmas and really anything. It makes you feel healthy since it’s vegetables, looks pretty and has so much flavor.
This is a great side for our tasty juice baked chicken recipe, this quick 10 minute sauteed chicken recipe or this amazing baked salmon recipe in 15 minutes.
Quick Szechuan Stir Fried Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce or soy sauce can use up to 4 tbsp
- 3 cloves garlic can use more as desired
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (makes it look more attractive to serve)
- 1 full chili pepper (more for presentation but also adds spice)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil helps with cooking
- 1 tbsp Szechuan Sauce or 1/4 if red pepper flakes
- Wash and trim the stems off the beans.
- Add in the water oil (sesame as well if you are using) and heat it in a large skillet or wok until small boil or sizzle.
- Add the green beans and cover with some stirring for 3-4 minutes until beginning to get tender. If you got the chili pepper then cut that up now into thin slices.
- Add in the garlic and stir for 2-3 more minutes checking the beans to get your ideal tenderness. I LOVE garlic so I tend to over-garlic everything but use your preference. Use a fork or taste one to test. You want them to be cooked to just slightly tender throughout but still crisp. They still taste good over-cooked and is really your preference.
- Right at the end add in your teriyaki or soy sauces as well as Szechuan or red pepper flakes if you wanted for 1 minute. You do this so the sauce doesn’t burn and stick to the bottom. Be sure to stir and coat all the beans in the heat but to also make sure the sauce not burn.
- The finish: if you opted for the sesame seeds and chili peppers than you can toss them in for the presentation and to add some more taste.