The best thing about queso is the taste of course. The second best thing is how easy it is to make (2-3 ingredients). The third best thing is that it is so versatile that you can make it however you want! You can make it completely unhealthy, you can make it healthier and more fresh, make it spicy, add meat, add other vegetables… you can do anything!
This is a great queso dip you can use with meat or without meat. In this recipe I made a turkey sausage queso dip but you can make it pork sausage queso or even ground beef queso! There are of course many great ways to make cheese dip but this one here is purely for people who want something quick, tasty and simple! You can ideally make this in a crockpot but is also just as easy in a pot or even a microwave safe dish.
If you are having a Mexican Food Night you will LOVE our Guacamole recipe, our Mexican Street Corn Recipe is amazing and try our street tacos recipe!
What is in queso? Well in this recipe it literally is just 3 ingredients. Velveeta cheese, Rotel and ground turkey sausage. You can even make it without meat and it is then just two ingredients! However, please get creative if you wish! I like to add fresh tomatoes, fresh diced chilis, red pepper, minced garlic & jalapeno, spices and of course meat! You can even add a dollop of sour cream on the top!
Quick & Easy Queso Dip With or Without Meat
- 1 package Velveeta cheese cut into inch squares so it melts easier
- 2 cans Rotel Original Tomatoes & Green Chillis sub 2 cups of fresh diced tomatoes & 1/2 cup of fresh diced chillis
- 1 lb turkey sausage sub pork sausage or ground beef
- 2 tbsp diced jalapenos
- 1 cup red pepper
- 1 can chilli
- 1 cup pinto or black beans
- Cook and drain your meat in a frying pan then add in meat after cheese is melted.
- Cut velveeta into one inch pieces and combine 2 cans of undrained rotel in a crockpot or standard pot cooking at low-medium heat so you do not burn the cheese.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently, until cheese is fully melted and then add in your meat.
- To make in microwave, cook the meat and follow the same steps but just microwave for 5 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Keep it warm on a very low simmer setting if you wish.