How do you make a spirulina bowl? Well it is so much simpler than you might think! It takes just 5 minutes and you will have the most beautiful and healthy breakfast you will ever have.
A spirulina bowl is kind of similar to an acai bowl where you mix together a smoothie type mixture, put it in a bowl and add all of your favorite toppings!
What is Spirulina?
Gram for gram spirulina might be the most nutritious food on the planet. Spirulina is apparently like a super-duper food… pretty sure you can walk on water or go back in time with the correct serving.It is also extremely cheap and the container lasts for a really long time.
It is a micro-algae that can be a protein supplement and contains amino acids, B vitamins, beta-carotene, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, vitamin E, high in antioxidants, minerals, chlorophyll and phycocyanobilin.
On top of that it is said to boost energy, improve muscle strength, improve endurance, stimulate the immune system, detoxify, oxygenate the blood, and then potentially may help all of the following; weight loss, ADHD, as an anti-inflammatory, cancer, allergies, diabetes, fatigue, high cholesterol, high triglycerides and viral infections.
I don’t know what a lot of that means but it sounds like you can beat Usain Bolt in a race after a couple scoops. The even better news is mixed in a smoothie you can’t taste it and it is so easy to make and versatile just like an acai bowl per this amazing recipe here.
If hosting a brunch party then be sure to use some of these recipes for french toast here, berry compote here or bachelor easy crepes here.
Quick Healthy Spirulina Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 1 tsp blue or green spirulina powder
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk
My Favorite Toppings
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup granola
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp frozen blueberries into mix if using blue spirulina
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt into mixture
- 1 tbsp vegan or vanilla protein powder
- Shredded coconut
- Sliced almonds
- VERY IMPORTANT. Get everything prepped before you blend your smoothie so that it doesn’t start melting as you do everything else.
- Cut banana, wash and prep all toppings so they are ready to go before smoothie step.
- Blend together bananas, spirulina and milk. Add in greek yogurt if you choose to add.
- Pour smoothie contents into bowls Add your toppings as pinteresty as possible
- Take a picture and make everyone think you’re better than you are.
- Next time dress it up… serve it in a carved out pineapple or melon!
4 thoughts on “Easy Homemade Spirulina Smoothie Bowl Recipe”
Loved this idea. We ended up choosing between two of the options and had a blast in scottsdale.
The best! Scottsdale is the cost efficient Vegas with more outdoors options.
Açaí bowls are one of my go to’s! I definitely need to see what this spirulina stuff is. Thanks for the tip. Also love the fruit bowl idea, great presentation.
Açaí bowls are one of my go to’s! I definitely need to see what this spirulina stuff is. Thanks for the information.Also love the fruit bowl idea, great presentation.