This seafood boil in a bag recipe might be the easiest combined with best tasting recipe on on the site! It is incredible how simple and quick it is to prepare along with the incredible flavors! If you like Angry Crab Shack then you are going to love this.If you never took the time to look you would never know that making seafood boil in a bag is one of the easiest things on earth. Like many recipes on this site you can also make it your own as it is very versatile.
Whether you want to make it with crab, clams, shrimp, crawfish, lobster or any of your favorite seafood. You then can of course add different vegetables as well as andouille sausage. There are a ton of different variations you can play with including spice! If you want to make it extra spicy, mild, add lemon pepper or whatever taste you are going for.
Use the recipe below as a guide on your way to flavor town. As we also say on ITE you can never under dress or over season so the seasoning and ingredients are a minimum thus feel free to get a little overboard with the fixins.
Below you will find a DIY creole seasoning as well as cajun garlic butter! What is the difference between cajun and creole? Well not a ton actually but mostly cajun is just a few ingredients where creole is a lot of ingredients.
How do you cook seafood in a bag? Well it is pretty easy, put the seafood in an oven bag, add vegetables, spices, hot sauce, butter and cook in the oven at 400 for 45 minutes! The complete recipe is here of course! If you were ever wondering how to make seafood like they do at Angry Crab Shack, well you are in luck with the recipe below!
Simple Seafood Boil In A Bag Recipe
- 1 turkey oven bag $1 at store
- 1 lb shrimp raw but pre-cooked fine if in a pinch
- 1 lb crawfish
- 1 package andouille sausage into bag cut into pieces & can sub any sausage really
- 1-2 lbs snow or Alaskan cran
- 2 ears of corn cut in thirds
- 1 lb small red or baby dutch yellow potatoes cut into quarters
- 2 lemons halved & lightly squeezed
- 1 cup butter melt or cut into 8 pieces
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped can add two cloves crushed into bag as an aromatic
- 1 serving DIY creole seasoning per recipe below Or 5 tbsp of pre-made creole Seasoning like Old Bay, Tony C's or Zatarain's seasoning.
- 3 tbsp hot sauce you can't over hot sauce...
- 1/2 cup white wine highly suggested but not mandatory
- Any seafood you like! lobster, mussels, clams etc.
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper into bag
Make Your Own Creole Seaoning
- 1 tbsp paprika sub chilli powder but not as ideal
- 1 tbsp garlic powder I use five often...
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper for mild-medium 2 if you want it hot
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme sub more oregano if no thyme
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
Cajun Butter Dipping Sauce : Optional (I just used the sauce from the bag when it is done)
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks butter
- 5 tbsp creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix DIY creole seasoning ingredients together or just use premade seasoning.
- Put the oven bag in a large pan with sides. If you are using crab legs than can always double the bag to make sure legs do not come through.
- Add seafood, sausage, corn and potatoes to bag
- Add in wine, butter, garlic, hot sauce, creole seasoning, squeeze lemons overtop and then add lemon pieces to bag.It is hard to over season or over hot sauce this so I will add extra creole seasoning.
- Tie up bag and gently move bag to spread fixins around and coat the food.
- Place back on pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Optional: shake bag around again at 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve with french bread or garlic bread & cajun dip.
- Dipping the bread into the sauce from the bag is HEAVEN!