Everyone wants to drink and most people want to be healthy but it’s oh so hard to do both… really impossible I guess. But have you ever come across a superfood alcoholic drink? Well you are in luck… This Moscow mule is packed with ingredients that have a plethora of antioxidants, are immunity boosters, have heart health benefits, promotes weight loss and more!
Not only does this drink have great health benefits it also is an energy booster to start off or continue your night. No more red bulls or coffee drinks needed as this one recipe has the energy boost you need for your drinking adventures.
It’s always great to have less sugars and fat in your drink since you could be drinking 10+ throughout the night. A long night out could end up being as many calories as eating McDonald’s Big Macs by the time you’re said and done. All this doesn’t include the bad food you may eat later.
Thus, I have the best healthy skinny fit Moscow mule recipe below that not only tastes great but also adds in ingredients that pretty much make it a superfood. In theory you should be able to do a triathlon after drinking like 8 of these since they are packed with so much goodness. I don’t recommend it but I like theories… theories worked for Issac Newton anyways and people called him crazy. If I can’t live in a world where I can be an athletic alcoholic then I’m out.
Moscow mules are one of the best drinks out there as they bridge the gap of not too sweet and not a basic vodka soda, plus they come in a fancy cup so it’s a win. I have the best tips below to not only making Moscow mules but drinks in general. Hopefully this one article can change how you make drinks as well as host people and make sure everyone enjoys your creation to the fullest.
THERE ARE THREE HUGE IMPORTANT TAKEAWAYS OR RULES YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN MAKING MOSCOW MULES!
- When making a drink for people and you want them to love the experience you need to appeal to 4 senses. You must make it taste good of course, it needs to have a pleasant aroma thus sometimes adding a herb garnish helps, it should look beautiful clearly and then they must feel a nice ambiance and setting when trying the drink. I can help you with the first 3 but the ambiance is on you… music, clean up, give them a shot so they are already getting drunk and everything is fun… up to you :).
- One AMAZING way to add to your drink ambiance and appeal to all senses is infuse your liquor. Infusing liquor is the greatest lie in drink creation as what sounds extremely impressive is really just you pouring liquor into a jar and adding 1-2 ingredients then letting it sit for 1-7 days… or even 1 hour and just lying to your guests. Infused liquor makes you look like some planned, smart super-hero that would do anything to host people. It will impress them and has you already 5 steps ahead on appealing to all of the senses.
- Ginger beer is the key… at the end of the day the only thing that matters is the ginger beer as some will just have it tasting flat and meh…I love Q Spectacular Ginger Beer and Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Brew especially because it comes in a cool bottle that adds to the cache. I really dislike the stuff the bronze can Gosling’s Ginger Beer as it literally has no taste or much if any of that nice ginger kick.
- Follow my instructions below as you want to make sure you do things in the correct order as well as not do a couple screw ups some people out there tell you to do.
What Makes This Moscow Mule Recipe Healthy?
Fresh grated ginger
Fresh ginger has a plethora of added health benefits such as it boosts immunity, fights infection, soothes the stomach, counters acid reflux and is an anti-inflammatory.
Overall one major thing I do to cut out some sweetness and sugar is use just straight lime juice vs. lime cordial or syrup. Lime juice also said to have a ton of benefits for your digestive system, skin, heart health, immunity-boosting, lowering cancer risk and is said to promote weight loss.
This apparently is like a super-duper food… pretty sure you can walk on water with the correct serving. It is a micro-algae that can be a protein supplement and contains amino acids, B vitamins, beta-carotene, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, vitamin E, high in antioxidants, minerals, chlorophyll and phycocyanobilin.
It’s a great natural healthy energy drink with as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. It is also high in antioxidants, good for the liver (which is important when drinking), boosts brain function, good for heart health, helps prevent cancer, promote weight loss and loaded with antioxidants.
Supports weight loss , promotes hydration, good source of vitamin c, improves skin quality, aids digestion, freshens breath as well as detoxes.
Gluten free vodka is another healthy alternative
Skinny Healthy Mermaid Moscow Mule Recipe
- Sparkling lime water or ginger soda water or lime soda water. Plain soda water works as well.
- 1/2 cup Chilled matcha or green tea
- 2 oz Gluten Free vodka such as Tito’s, Ciroq or Trader Joe’s. Kettle One Botanical Vodka is great in this too.
- 1/2 tsp Fresh lime juice. Fresh muddled or squeezed ideal
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2-2/3 tsp Fresh grated ginger
- Mint & lemon garnish
- 1/8 tsp spirulina Optional - If you want to make it extra healthy and add that mermaid color than you need this!
- Make matcha or green tea and chill.
- Add ice, tea, vodka, juice, spirulina, ginger and stir well to combine.
- Add sparkling water or soda water.
- Garnish with fresh ginger piece & mint.