I am about to change your life as I once hated bloody marys. This is the Canadian version (called a caesar) and just has one major change that will change everything you maybe didn’t like or will add extra things you will like to your bloody mary.
I literally have made this for 143 Americans who like bloody marys and all made the switch over to the caesar. The best thing about the caesar is it is less thick than a bloody mary and has a touch of added salty taste, which typically if you’re drinking this hungover than your body is craving it some added salt.
For those who don’t know a Caesar is a bloody mary on steroids without the thick sauce feeling of bloody mary mix and the addition of a nice salty brine your body craves after a hangover. Don’t let the Clamato scare you away as there is no fishy or sea taste to Clamato juice.
Side note: I hate when people add extra unnecessary things to my bloody mary or caesar… no i don’t want hard cold bacon nor do I want a slider. In fact I find it quite presumptuous you think I want a slider and keep me from ordering food myself yet adding $3 to the drink I want. Don’t get started on celery you cheap bar a**holes, no one wants celery so stop being cheap and give us something spicy-pickled.
If you liked this than you might also love the simple espresso martini recipe as well!
Major tips for making drinks and hosting people to make sure they love your creation
When making a drink for people and you want them to love the experience you need to appeal to 4 senses. You must make it taste good of course, it needs to have a pleasant aroma thus sometimes adding a herb garnish helps, it should look beautiful clearly and then they must feel a nice ambiance and setting when trying the drink. I can help you with the first 3 but the ambiance is on you… music, clean up, give them a shot so they are already getting drunk and everything is fun… up to you :).
One AMAZING way to add to your drink ambiance and appeal to all senses is infuse your liquor. Infusing liquor is the greatest lie in drink creation as what sounds extremely impressive is really just you pouring liquor into a jar and adding 1-2 ingredients then letting it sit for 1-7 days… or even 1 hour and just lying to your guests. Infused liquor makes you look like some planned, smart super-hero that would do anything to host people. It will impress them and has you already 5 steps ahead on appealing to all of the senses.
Best Ever Bloody Mary Recipe With A Twist
- 3-4 cubes ice. Don't use crushed ice.
- 2 ounces vodka.
- Celery salt or Tajin Clasico seasoning for the rim. I do a mixture of both.
- Worcestershire sauce to taste. I like it muddy and do 4-5 shakes.
- Tabasco sauce to taste. I like it spicy and do 3-4 shakes.
- Pickled Spicy beans or pepperoncini or pickled spicy vegetables or pickles
- The Game Changer… Clamato juice… don’t even think about the -clam- part as all it does is add some amazing salt taste and thins out the tomato juice, which is a necessity.
- Squeeze of lime juice
- A1 or steak sauce
- Re-evaluate your life and get ready to change.
- Rimming. I already have my celery salt & Tajin mix in a wide Tupperware container to stay ready or if you don’t drink that often then you can just pour some onto a small plate.
- Put a little water on the edge of the pint glass and let the water flow around the top edges of the glass. Dip the wet (not dripping) edges of the glass into the salt and get a nice thick rim around the edge.
- Add in the ice cubes and add in the vodka
- Fill the glass with clamato juice about 1-2 inches from the top.
- Shake in Worcestershire and tabasco depending how spicy you like it. I think 4-5 shakes of worcestershire and 3-4 shakes tabasco is a good start then progress from there.
- Add 1 tsp. of steak sauce & squeeze of lime
- Stir then add your garnish
- Never look back.