Quick Healthy Spirulina Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Have you ever seen a spirulina bowl on Pinterest and been like… wtf is that?!?! Well really it can be done in about 5 minutes at most and boom, you just made the prettiest as well as apparently most nutritional breakfast bowl of your life.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1 tsp blue or green spirulina powder
- 3 full frozen banana
- 1 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk
My Favorite Toppings
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup granola
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp frozen blueberries into mix if using blue spirulina
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt into mixture
- 1 tbsp vegan or vanilla protein powder
- Shredded coconut
- Sliced almonds.
VERY IMPORTANT. Get everything prepped before you blend your smoothie so that it doesn’t start melting as you do everything else
Cut banana, wash and prep all topping so they are ready to go before smoothie step
Blend together bananas, spirulina and milk. Add in greek yogurt if you choose to add.
Pour smoothie contents into bowls Add your toppings as pinteresty as possible
Take a picture and make everyone think you’re better than you are.
Next time dress it up… serve it in a carved out pineapple or melon!