Easy Quick Healthy Acai Bowl
Acai bowls are like driving for the first time. It looks awesome, you want to do it but it looks like a lot of effort to learn and intimidating… however, then you do it and it’s easy… for most.
- 1 package frozen acai berry puree. Trader Joe’s is a great spot.
- 1/4 cup juice. I used mix of orange and mixed berry. Apple works great too.
- 1/4 cup almond milk. Can sub any milk.
- 1 full sliced banana.
- 1 tbsp honey.
Assorted toppings, my suggestions below.
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh pomegranate seeds.
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries.
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries.
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries.
- 1/3 cup granola.
- 3 tbsp chia seeds.
- 1 tbsp spirulina mixed into acai puree.
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt mixed into acai puree.
- 1 tbsp vegan or vanilla protein powder mixed into acai puree.
- shredded coconut.
- sliced almonds.
VERY IMPORTANT. Get everything prepped before you blend your acai puree so that it doesn’t start melting as you do everything else.
Cut banana, wash and prep all topping so they are ready to go before acai step.
Blend together juice, milk and acai puree. Add in spirulina and greek yogurt as well if you use it. If needed add more juice but better to start with less than more.
Pour smoothie contents into bowls. Add your toppings as pinteresty as possible.
Take a picture and make everyone think you’re better than you are.
Next time dress it up… serve it in a carved out pineapple or melon!