Simple Breakfast Casserole For Hosting
This simple sausage and egg breakfast casserole is so easy and the perfect meal to make when hosting a party.
Servings: 10 people
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 loaf whole wheat bread cut into 1/2 inch cubes Optional: white bread
- 2 cups 2% milk Any dairy milk works but fat free makes it a little runny and more bland.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bulk turkey sausage Optional: bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 a white onion minced Optional: no onion as it isn't necessary if you don't like them.
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp all-spice or italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Some people will add salt but the flavor and salt from the meat, eggs, garlic and cheese etc is enough for me.
Brown the turkey or pork over medium heat and drain.
Remember to dice your bread 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.
Dice green peppers, mince onions and garlic. Sautee them in large skillet for 2 minutes. Add in sausage with the vegetable mix.
Whisk eggs, milk & seasonings together in a separate bowl.
Prep & Baking
Let sit in the fridge overnight for at least 8-10 hours or more.
Next day preheat the oven to 350 and bake the uncovered casserole for 45 minutes until it is golden on top and the egg mixture is set. Cut into the casserole to check and make sure it isn't runny (but don't let it get dry).
Let it set for 10 minutes.