Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
There are two things in life that are certain, everyone gets sick and everyone likes chicken noodle soup.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups egg noodles standard bag or box
- 1 lb diced chicken thighs breast works as well but dark meat is normally better for this
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 white or yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or 1/2 tsp dried basil & 1/2 tsried oreganop d
- 3 minced garlic cloves or 2 tsp pre-minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Game changer for chicken, brining your chicken in salt water for 15-30 minutes is huge and can increase juiciness and satisfaction by 20%+.
Dice and chop all ingredients. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, onions, carrots, garlic and celery to large pot over medium heat for 5 minutes until vegetables soften.
Pour in chicken stock and seasonings with salt and pepper ready to taste bringing to a medium boil.
NOTE! Now is the time to make sure the broth tastes good before adding in raw chicken ;).
Submerge chicken into soup so that broth fully covers them bringing to a low simmer. Cover and stir for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked.
Cook noodles per instructions in a separate pot.