The spicy margarita recipe is one of the best margaritas out there. It takes the standard margarita and adds some extra kick!
What’s great about this margarita is that it is essentially a skinny margarita. All of the taste and flavor of a margarita but add in healthy and spicy, where do I sign up! Well… here of course.
You can make this very easily as well or if you want to take some extra time and TLC you can even infuse your tequila with jalapenos prior to making cocktails!
A skinny, healthy margarita with some spice, it’s no wonder everyone seems to love them! You definitely should try to make these with all fresh ingredients vs. margarita mix and adding some jalapenos.
It is that fresh lime flavor and aroma that really makes this recipe soooo good.
What Type of Tequila is Best For Margaritas?
You can really use blanco, silver or reposado if you want a little extra tequila flavor. Blanco is typically favored. If you are into smoky margaritas then you can go with mezcal as well.
I also love Los Sundays, it is a newer tequila on the scene but it is incredibly smooth and they have a coconut tequila if you ever want to make the best coconut marg, which you can find the recipe here!
How To Infuse Tequila
This is a great thing to do if you have the time and it is really simple. Just pour your tequila into a mason jar or any container and then seed & slice your jalapenos, you can even muddle them a little, and leave them in to infuse for 12 hours or ideally a couple of days. You can do 4-5 jalapenos for a bottle.
Tips for making the best Spicy Margarita
As mentioned fresh is best when it comes to margaritas. Do not use bottled mix, you want to use fresh lime juice.
You can also add a small splash of pickled jalapeno juice if you wish. Furthermore, adding egg white to margaritas similar to this whiskey sour is a game changer.
One egg white can do for about 3-4 drinks and it gives this amazing frother texture that really adds panache to your drink.
Best Easy Spicy Margarita Recipe
- 2 oz silver or blanco tequila Reposado works in a pinch
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1/4 a jalapeno cut into coins & muddled
- 1/2 egg's egg white adds froth
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp pickled jalapeno juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- Lime wedge and few jalapeno coins
- Tajin seasoning rim
- Take a lime wedge, cut a slit in the middle and rub it around the rim of the glass.
- Then make a little pile of tajin seasoning then run the glass edges over the pile so it coats the rim of the glass.
- Put jalapeno coins in cocktail shaker and gently muddle 1/4-1/2 a jalapeno depending how spicy you want it.
- Add in lime juice, tequila, triple sec, optional ingredients if you wish and ice into shaker then shake up.
- Add ice to your glass and pour margarita over ice.
- Garnish with lime wedge and jalapeno coins.