Salmon is so versatile and arguably the healthiest meat on the planet.
It is great to make for your own dinner, a date or hosting. It can be presented beautifully, is cheap for a group and the sides are extremely easy. I like to go one of two routes with my salmon or sometimes do both! I either go the asian teriyaki version or the lemon & herb version, both of which taste great depending what you’re serving.
Salmon Baking Tips
- When putting salmon in oven you can put it on a dish or line a baking sheet with foil. However I hate doing dishes so I just use foil only and place directly in the oven without the pan.
- Before applying seasoning I like to cut slits or poke fork holes into my salmon so that all of the ingredients can penetrate the salmon a little. However, do this at your own discretion as it isn’t necessary but I like to do it and you’re reading what I like to do so there’s that… You’d think it could dry out the salmon a little but it doesn’t seem to as I wouldn’t eat dry salmon.
Some great sides options I suggest you can find here: click here for stir fried green beans or click here for a quick tasty asparagus recipe and brown rice.
To go even cheaper and easier then you can buy frozen rice and frozen vegetables then just toss them in the microwave. I suggest hiding the bags though and pretending you did it all of course.
Quick & Delicious Baked Salmon Recipe In 15 Minutes
Lemon & Herb Version
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or butter for a less healthy version.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- 3 cloves garlic or 2 tablespoons of pre-minced garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning. From scratch you can just use 1 tsp. of thyme and dried oregano).
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp teriyaki marinade Teriyaki sauce works too but marinade is thicker and better.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon 1 tbsp. of pre-minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tsp chopped parsley for garnish & presentation.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the salmon on the dish/pan/foil while the oven preheats.
- Chop up your garlic.
- Marinades & sauce mixtures, You can either whisk all the ingredients together (except the salmon and lemon) in a bowl then apply. Or I like to just apply myself directly onto the salmon with my hands so again I don’t need to do more dishes. If doing this add the spices at the end.
- Sprinkle some parsley and add slices of lemon overtop.
- Bake the salmon for approximately 15-25 minutes depending on size so that it is completely cooked through in the thickest part. If your salmon is much thinner than 1 inch then I would check at 15 minutes, if it is just over 1 inch then 20 minutes and 1 1/2 inches+ then 25 minutes. You can always pull it out and check without ruining the dish so feel free to do that 1-2x if you need as that is better than over-cooking the salmon.
- Time to cut and serve! It should lift off the skin perfectly after cooking as well.